Wednesday, October 5, 2011

kitchen decoration

I'm getting awfully excited about our library (post with pictures to come), but today I'm thinking about the kitchen.

Because our cupboard space is somewhat limited, I've had to be creative with storage solutions. And I want my kitchen to look fancy pants too, as I expect to spend more and more time there as the years progress. So space saving and darling - is that too much to ask?

I've taken a leaf out of Smitten Kitchen's book and put all of my spices on display. The glass jars are a perfect fit on the super cheap ribba shelf. A few rows of spice shelves saves me a ton of cupboard space. And it looks really nice too.

I'm also growing fresh herbs. See?
I realize my dill in particular is looking a little sad, but that's mostly because I accidentally squished him :(
There's still a lot of empty wall space, so I'm trying to decide what else to put up. I have so many ideas for the rest of the house – the kitchen’s been overlooked. There are these 2 etsy posters I’ve had my eye on:


but I can't make up my mind....

I guess I'll go poke around pinterest for more ideas :)

B

1 comment: