Friday, September 16, 2011

disgusting day

Today's forecast has a high of 60 F. Cloudy. Chance of rain. 'Unseasonably cool' the weather report says.

I'd be in a better mood if today were only a fluke. But it's not, because we live in Chicagoland. It's only downhill from here - a straight nosedive into 6 months of winter. Grey slushy snow, fingers that never warm up, cloudy skies, icy sidewalks....Grrr I might just move to Australia.

So in an attempt to put a positive spin on this situation, I'm wearing my favorite corduroy pants (in stable brown). And I'm planning a fabulous menu: Roasted Garlic Soup with Rosemary Roasted Potatoes. Think 50 cloves of garlic, onions, thyme, a splash of heavy cream and a touch of fresh lemon.

Give garlic a try. How could anything this lovely not be incredibly delish?

Beautiful potatoes

We'll cozy ourselves away and feast. We'll pull out the quilts and invite the cats to cuddle. And we'll rest in the quiet that comes with early sundowns.

Perhaps I shall survive the cold.

B




No comments:

Post a Comment