Monday, February 28, 2011

Blanchett the beauty

Cate's dress last night had fashion critics split down the middle.  Half put her at the top of Best Dressed; the other threw her into the bottom of the Worst.


I put her right at the top with the best of the best.  She dressed perfectly to her style and personality, which is more than can be said for most.  I've always thought it better for people to either really love or really hate what you wear...and least it's more exciting than all of the safe options that make us say 'meh' (I'm looking at you, S. Bullock and A. Hathaway).  I would wear the heck out of this dress.


And who doesn't love that smirk?  It's the perfect accessory.

B

3 comments:

  1. i am so excited you posted this because i am in complete agreement. i thought she and mila kunis were stunning and looked so original. would i wear those shoulder things? no. but she looked perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mostly love the dress.
    I'd absolutely put her at the top of the list, as well.
    I just keep mistaking the bust of the dress for a photo frame or something.
    I love the color(s)and the fit of the gown. The beading at the top of the skirt is gorgeous. It definitely beats anything I ever sold at Regiss ;)
    All in all, she's a beauty. It's true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, her and Michelle Williams were two of my favorites! Interesting, textural, and so different. You'd wear the pants off this dress, Briggs. And how many days do you think Tom would cry if you cut your hair like that? Might we worth a try. :)

    ReplyDelete