Tuesday, December 7, 2010

O Tannenbaum

Tonight our tiny Christmas tree is going up.  The apartment is most warm and cozy, compared to the bitter wind-chill that's left everything covered in ice.

Our tree is so tiny because we don't have the space...and because our four cats like to climb up the tree and knock it over (although annoying, it's not the disaster that would be if we had a 6' tall tree).  We put our Christmas tree on a table and tie it down so that it stays standing when this happens:


Oh Beaker...

While I'm waiting for the husband to arrive home from work, I think I'll make some white chocolate chip chocolate cookies.  And play Handel's Messiah.  And light my new favorite candle...at least it will smell right when we decorate our plastic tree.

And yes, my shrewd reader--I did say four cats.  We're keeping the little black kitten we've been bottle feeding.  We've named her Rousseau.  It's going to be a crowded, fuzzy, bright and warm Christmas.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment