Wednesday, November 3, 2010

crustaceans

I'm going through a lobster phase.

As a child, I would always press my face against the glass of the grocery store's lobster tank, plotting ways I could buy one and keep it as a pet--saving it from a boiling and untimely death.

While I never successfully saved any of my invertebrate friends, I have managed to keep the spirit alive.  For example: our dog, Sweet Lime Sake, dressed up for a Halloween costume contest as a-

and yes, she won 1st place...

I found myself with a bit of extra time yesterday, so I whipped up a layered spice cake with a caramel filling just for fun, decorated with a-


And when we move and/or have the chance to re-redo our living room, you can bet that there will pillows with a-


So much fun.  So whimsical.  So...delicious.

B

1 comment:

  1. So how about we go out to eat for.... You guess it.... LOBSTER!

    ReplyDelete